Located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada TD Place operates a state of the art arena, stadium, and 360,000 Sq. Ft. shopping/entertainment district at Lansdowne Live! TD Place also provides business services to other companies under the Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group (OSEG) umbrella, the Ottawa REDLACKS Football Club, the Ottawa Fury FC soccer club and the Ottawa 67’s Hockey Club.
What’s the Role ?
We are looking for a successful sale professional who can join our team and be part of an organization that is changing the Ottawa area sports and entertainment landscape.
The perfect person will:
· Sell stuff!!! – it’s simple, job is to manage the sales of group ticket and fan experience packages to all three sporting games, with the primary focus on increasing revenue.
· Drive Hustle – Lead a highly motivated sales team towards even greater hustle stats.
· Make OSEG’s ticket sales department cutting edge.
· Find cool ways to bring people out to a game, forget thinking outside the box; create a new box.
· Create and develop new group theme nights and group business by regularly pitching new prospects through phone prospecting, in-arena tours, external appointments, social selling and events.
· Contribute positively to a competitive sales team culture and participate in sales team meetings and training sessions.
· Develop sales contests for the Group Sales Team.
· Develop and execute approved business plan for the Group Sales Team.
· Recruit, hire, train, supervise a specialized ticket sales team.
· Responsible for team sales goals for all three sport teams.
· Monitor, manage and evaluate sales staff performance on an ongoing basis; establish and communicate clear sales revenue and training goals and follow up with sales staff with appropriate feedback and direction for development.
· Lead weekly team meetings and one-on-ones with each member of the Group Sales team.
· Work with the Director, Ticket Sales and Service to develop, present and communicate ticket sales strategies, procedures and processes.
· Identify, explore and research new sales opportunities to include group ticket sales target markets.
· Attend meetings with members of the Group Sales Team.
· Work events and games as assigned to support ticket sales efforts and promotional initiatives.
· Provide the highest degree of customer service to all customers.
What’s Needed ?:
• A strong desire to start a career in sports and sales.
• A post graduate degree or diploma in a related field is an asset.
• 3-5 years of sales experience.
• Strong computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and internet.
• Excellent Communication skills, listening, verbal, written and presentations.
• Strong ability to work as part of a team.
• Is a dynamic self-starter who can operate in a fast paced environment.
• Is creative, highly organized and can handle many tasks at once.
• A passion for willingness to learn accompanied by a strong work ethic.
• Ability to work non-traditional hours including nights, weekends and holidays as needed.
• Bilingualism is an asset.
• Experience in Saleforce or Paciolan is an asset.
Sound like you? Here’s how to apply: http://www.tdplace.ca/connect-with-us/join-our-team
Ottawa Sports and Entertainment Group is a growing sports enterprise that is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package while providing our employees with an environment in which they can thrive and be part of a winning team.
We thank you in advance for your interest but will only be responding to those applicants that meet our requirements.